Monday, June 13, 2005

Back From Bonnaroo...

well, i got back this morning from bonnaroo, and let me tell you what: I stunk like no other...
after being awake for damn near 24 hours, (and skanky for 86) I had to take a shower before i could even think about crawling in bed :)

can you imagine what nastyness would be permanently living in my mattress after that?!?!

anyway, despite the commerciality (if that's not a word...) of the whole event, the bands were awesome!
I got the chance to check out a ton of bands that i haven't seen before...

Of course, the black crowes (i love you, chris) were by far the best. the fact that i was on the front row didn't hurt either! They were sooo kick ass, jammin, dancin, and you could tell they were all having a great time up there... i hope and pray they stick together this time and start putting out some more albums!!!

our camping neighbors were C R A Z Y mofo's-- and that's putting it lightly. dammmm i have never seen anyone consume that many drugs before. Sunny and I seriously thought Jimmy was going to die. He was all screamin and moanin... insane. they were hilarious though... we were crackin up at all of the shit they were doing. thanks for that Jimmy and Jeremy!

the weather wasn't soo bad.. yeah, it rained A LOT, but at least it kept the temps down. I was damn near cold on sunday while we were sitting and listening to modest mouse (who were great!)... i had goose bumps! who'd a thunk it...

blue merle put on an awesome show. I was one person back from the stage on that show too.. got some kick ass pics, i'll post those once i figure it out. dammit, i wish we had xp.

I just think that last year, we had such a great experience, that this year couldn't live up to it... the people were so much kinder, and it didn't seem as crowded. oh well, it was soo worth it, and plus
aren't we all there for the music anyway?

next year's line up will totally determine if I go again. gonna have to find another festival that isn't so crazy.
I'll post more on it later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home